A bachelorette party in Baltimore can be anything from huge weekend bashes to intimate dinner parties. No matter what kind of party you choose, the most important piece of any bachelorette party is making sure the bride-to-be feels special and has a great time.
Are you ready to throw your friend a party she’ll never forget? This post will take you through the planning process. We’ll also go over some traditional bachelorette party ideas as well as some more off-the-wall ideas — all right here in Charm City.
How to Start Planning
Organizing a bachelorette party can seem daunting. Before we get into specific party ideas and activities, let’s talk about practicalities.
The first step is to find out what kind of party the bride wants. She may want you to surprise her, but you can at least get a sense for the size of party she wants. Is she hoping for a small get together at her apartment with a few close friends? Or does she want a full weekend packed with fun outdoor activities and nights on the town?
Once you have an idea of scale, it’s time to plan. Here are a few pieces of advice to remember:
Budget: You don’t need to spend a fortune to throw a special party and make memories the bride will cherish forever. Decide early on how much you’re willing to spend so you can prioritize the events you know the bride will love.
Transportation: Planning transportation ahead of time will help you avoid logistical problems and delays. A designated driver, a local car service, Uber, or even public transportation are all great options.
Accommodations: If you’ll be out late, you might want to plan a place for everyone to spend the night. Either rent a few hotel rooms nearby or make it a sleepover and stay at someone’s home for the night.
Specific Activities: Write down an itinerary with specific stops and activities. You don’t have to stick to it exactly, but it can help keep the event moving along smoothly.
Now let’s look at some specific ideas for a great bachelorette party in Baltimore!
4 Traditional Baltimore Bachelorette Party Ideas
1. Watch the Orioles Win
If the bride is a big Orioles fan, why not kick off the party at Camden Yards? Or better yet, start the party at Sliders before the game, and head over to the ballpark after a few drinks and appetizers.
If you want great seats for a larger group, the Miller Lite Flite Deck or anywhere on the Club Level is great for groups.
2. Have a Spa Day
A trip to the spa can be a great way to begin a bachelorette party or take a nice relaxing break before dinner. The spa at the Four Seasons Hotel in Baltimore even has poolside yoga classes every Saturday and Sunday at 9:00am. Or a massage can help ease pre-wedding nerves.
3. Dine in Style
Baltimore has tons of great restaurants for groups of any size. If it’s crab cakes you’re after, you can’t do much better than Nick’s Fish House in Port Covington. You can arrange a private party with catered food if you want, and you won’t be disappointed by the cocktail menu!
Power Plant Live is another option if you have an especially big group and you don’t want to worry about transporting everyone from dinner to bars afterwards. Power Plant Live has several dinner options and plenty of great bars and clubs to visit after. They have private event options too.
4. Go Bar Hopping
No bachelorette party in Baltimore that includes bar hopping would be complete without a few Natty Bohs. Charm City has several great neighborhoods for bars, such as Fells Point, Canton, and Fed Hill.
If you’d rather stay in one spot, places like Howl at the Moon have bachelorette party options that include table reservations, drinks, and entertainment.
4 Fun & Eclectic Bachelorette Party Ideas
1. Try Ziplining
Does the bride-to-be have a bit of an adventurous streak? Something fun and non-traditional like ziplining will show her you care about making her bachelorette party special. Many zipline places also have a ropes course challenge, which is a great way to bond as a group.
There are several places to zipline just a short drive away from Baltimore.
2. Go Wine Tasting in the Baltimore Countryside
Beautiful views, delicious wine, and a relaxing day with friends? Sounds like a recipe for a great bachelorette party. Here are the best local wineries according to CBS Baltimore:
- Boordy Vineyards is the oldest winery in Maryland. Tastings and tours of the vineyards, barrel room, and winemaking facility are offered daily.
- Basignani Winery makes over 15 different kinds of wine from grapes they grow. They offer regular tastings and private events.
- DeJon Vineyards is a small, family owned and operated vineyard. All their wines are handcrafted in small batches.
- Serpent Ridge Vineyard is another locally owned winery renowned for its award winning dry wines. There are fun and unique events year round.
- Elk Run Vineyards & Winery has 25 acres of beautiful scenery and numerous awards to its name.
3. A Boat Ride on the Chesapeake Bay
Now back to Charm City. A day on the Chesapeake Bay is a bachelorette party event the bride will never forget. You can charter or rent a boat or simply go with a friend who has one. It’s a great way to relax and travel to different destinations around the bay.
Just remember to pack sunscreen!
4. Chip in for a Honeymoon Gift
Ask all the guests to contribute a small amount for a honeymoon gift you can present to the bride at her bachelorette party. Here are some ideas:
- Pick an item from the registry and add some fun, personalized touches to it. (For example, order “his and hers” suitcases and add luggage tags and other travel essentials.)
- Get her a Bride-to-Be Book where she can record special memories about the proposal, wedding day, and everything in between.
- Matching “Mr. and Ms.” passport covers are a practical, simple, and fun gift. Make them by hand or find something unique on Etsy.
- A personalized piece of jewelry from the group to the bride. Diamond studs, a watch, or a bracelet with a personalized engraving are all great options.
Ready, Set, Go!
No matter what you decide to do for your Bachelorette party in Charm City, I know you’ll plan something absolutely amazing that the bride will remember for the rest of her life.
And if you’re interested in a beautiful piece of jewelry for the bride, stop by Samuelson’s Diamonds at 419 West Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201. Or make a private appointment to talk with one of our experienced jewelry experts!